Can I add a panel in the middle of a numbered list?

Lynne Wilton February 26, 2019

We have recently migrated from Server to Cloud. We uses the Notes macro extensively. This has not pulled through and needs to be replaced with the Panels macro. Can I add a Panel in the middle of a numbered list. I was able to do this with Notes.

3 answers

3 votes
Heather Blue May 17, 2021

Is there still no fix to this?

1 vote
Heba January 10, 2022

workaround: 

Capture.JPG

1 vote
Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2019

Hi Lynne,

I use Confluence Server, but I was able to add a panel in a numbered list.  The list numbers continued to increment as expected.

Panel list.PNG

I simply typed "{" to open the macro editor as I built the list out, but you could probably also put them in after adding all the list items.

Good luck!

Lynne Wilton February 26, 2019

Hi, we are migrating over from Server to Cloud. I cannot seem to do this in Cloud, I could in Server. Using '/' to open the macros and selecting the macro simply puts the Panel at the bottom of the page.

:(

Like # people like this
Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2019

That's unfortunate.  Was the Notes macro a user macro?  I don't see it in Atlassian's documentation or on the Marketplace.

Jared Brenner
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2019

Ah, Note.  Yes, I use that, Warning, and Info from time to time.  I think they work better than Panel for what you'd use them for.  The documentation says they're available in Cloud, but that page also hasn't been updated since 2017...

Maybe a Cloud user can test this for you.

Felicity.Hughes May 20, 2019

Hi Lynne,

Did you ever sort this out?  I'm hitting the same problem - it's a massive step backwards if this is the best cloud Confluence can do.

Like Heather Blue likes this
Lynne Wilton May 21, 2019

I am not currently working on my Confluence Cloud project but I think I ended up having to move them to the end of each list. Not great

Felicity.Hughes May 21, 2019

Yeah, I've added an asterisk (*) or caret (^) at the end of the sentence just before where the panel *should* have gone and then started the text in the panel with the same mark - kind of like a footnote.

Agreed, not great.  Thanks for the quick response though!

jonathan_brewer April 6, 2020

Also experiencing this issue. No solution yet.

Like # people like this
david chong October 19, 2020

experiencing the same issue.

inserting an info panel from the toolbar breaks the numbering.

typing /info to insert an info panel adds it to the bottom of the numbering list

Like Jack Koppa likes this
John Wood November 9, 2020

Same issue here - breaks the numbering.

Marcin Kuc November 24, 2020

Same issue here. Once I switched to the new editor all of my pages broke. This is the most annoying change and it makes zero sense. I need to be able to insert warning, note, info, tip, and code panels between numbered paragraphs/steps. Atlassian, please fix this asap!

Like # people like this
Jack Koppa December 30, 2020

Same issue 😬

Also discussed here

Would love to be able to use Warning/Info/Notice given how visually helpful they are, but they're definitely breaking any page using numbered lists

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events