Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I add a panel in the middle of a numbered list?

We have recently migrated from Server to Cloud. We uses the Notes macro extensively. This has not pulled through and needs to be replaced with the Panels macro. Can I add a Panel in the middle of a numbered list. I was able to do this with Notes.

1 answer

Hi Lynne,

I use Confluence Server, but I was able to add a panel in a numbered list.  The list numbers continued to increment as expected.

Panel list.PNG

I simply typed "{" to open the macro editor as I built the list out, but you could probably also put them in after adding all the list items.

Good luck!

Hi, we are migrating over from Server to Cloud. I cannot seem to do this in Cloud, I could in Server. Using '/' to open the macros and selecting the macro simply puts the Panel at the bottom of the page.

:(

Like # people like this

That's unfortunate.  Was the Notes macro a user macro?  I don't see it in Atlassian's documentation or on the Marketplace.

Ah, Note.  Yes, I use that, Warning, and Info from time to time.  I think they work better than Panel for what you'd use them for.  The documentation says they're available in Cloud, but that page also hasn't been updated since 2017...

Maybe a Cloud user can test this for you.

Hi Lynne,

Did you ever sort this out?  I'm hitting the same problem - it's a massive step backwards if this is the best cloud Confluence can do.

I am not currently working on my Confluence Cloud project but I think I ended up having to move them to the end of each list. Not great

Yeah, I've added an asterisk (*) or caret (^) at the end of the sentence just before where the panel *should* have gone and then started the text in the panel with the same mark - kind of like a footnote.

Agreed, not great.  Thanks for the quick response though!

Also experiencing this issue. No solution yet.

Like # people like this

experiencing the same issue.

inserting an info panel from the toolbar breaks the numbering.

typing /info to insert an info panel adds it to the bottom of the numbering list

Like Jack Koppa likes this

Same issue here - breaks the numbering.

Same issue here. Once I switched to the new editor all of my pages broke. This is the most annoying change and it makes zero sense. I need to be able to insert warning, note, info, tip, and code panels between numbered paragraphs/steps. Atlassian, please fix this asap!

Like John Wood likes this

Same issue 😬

Also discussed here

Would love to be able to use Warning/Info/Notice given how visually helpful they are, but they're definitely breaking any page using numbered lists

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

⚡️NEW Group for Confluence Cloud Admins

Calling all Confluence Cloud Admins!  We created a new Community Group to support your unique needs as Confluence admins. This is a group where you can ask questions, access resou...

196 views 3 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you