cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Confluence search PDF Contents

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2013

Can Confluence search PDF Contents. Is there a way to change or customize what confluence searchs? We need to be able to search contents of attached PDF doc? Content option by space does not work

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AndrewA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2013

Yes, Confluence will index and search the contents of certain types of attachments (including PDF). For more details, please see...

Searching the content of attachments

Indexing happens every 60 seconds by defualt so it may take a moment for the PDF to be searchable after being added.

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2013

The URL gets 404 error loops back to this record

AndrewA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2013

Sorry about that, link should be fixed now.

Cory Dearing May 3, 2019

Broken again

0 votes
Anthony Thomas June 26, 2017

Does the cloud version provide indexing ? 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2017

Hi Anthony,

yes, it should. Do you have any problems with indexing your content?

Michal Klucz October 8, 2020

Hello Thomas, I can't find the content of the attached word document. I can find the word from the file name, so the file is visible, but the content is not.

0 votes
peter dallman January 23, 2017

that did not answer my specific question, just a canned response isn't good enough

0 votes
AndrewA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2013

Oops, sorry abou that...the link should be fixed now :)

Shivaram Venkatesh N April 27, 2018

I'm unable to open the Link.

Broken Erro Link. Can you help me out with this topic?

I need to search the PDF content placed in Confluence Repository Page

Mark Stephan October 22, 2019

@Andrew  Link is still broken. 

Debra Graham October 22, 2019

Please fix link as that exploring searching in PDFs is my next item to research!

Andrew
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2019

Hi Mark, different Andrew Campbell here. I'll do a bit more research and find some more detailed documentation, but for now https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/search-139528.html seems to be the correct link. Is there anything in particular you'd like to know about?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events