It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can Confluence be used to run a monetized blog?

Is it possible to create a blog with monetized ads using Confluence?

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Robert,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

I've never run a monetized blog myself, but I assume the ads are given to you in some form of HTML or Javascript? If so, it's not possible on Confluence Cloud to embed a script like that, but it would be in Confluence Server. See Functional Differences in Confluence Cloud for more details on how it differs from Server.

Otherwise, if you have an affiliate link you could link to that using Confluence. 

If you have any other examples of ads besides the two that I just mentioned, please let me know and I can help see if there's a way to use that within your site.

Regards,

Shannon

Yeah, most likely it would be via some code block like HTML or Javascript. 

Crap.

I was hoping to use a Conf cloud starter license.

Oh well

Robert,

Thank you for confirming. In that case, yes, it's not possible to embed code within Confluence natively.

I am aware of a few 3rd party add-ons that you could try: HTML Macro Add-ons for Confluence Cloud 

Have a look at those and see if any of them could help you!

Regards,

Shannon

Thanks Shannon,

I think I'll look into an alternative, since this would add additional cost, and I am looking to make money if possible :)

Robert,

The only other thing I could think of is embed another web page in an iFrame using the iFrame Macro, and have your ads on that page. Otherwise, there is no way to include an ad within Confluence Cloud directly without the use of a 3rd party macro.

Regards,

Shannon

Thanks - I'll find another solution/provider.  I was hoping that I could use Confluence since I'm familiar with it, rather than having to learn a new system.

Robert,

No problem at all. For your information, it is possible to make these sort of customizations for the Server versions of Confluence, but the Cloud version has blocked it for security reasons.

Let us know if we can help you with anything further!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

283 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you