Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONF Upgrading from 5.1.5 to 5.3

Michael Monette October 1, 2013

I when we were going to upgrade from Conf 5.1.5 -> 5.2.5 we were lucky to recieve a very critical bug warning from Atlassian on the same day regarding problems with restrictions. The fix was to upgrade to 5.2.4 then to 5.2.5. We ended up holding off on the upgrade.

Just wondering, is this still the case if I wanted to go from 5.1.5 -> 5.3? Or have those bugs been fixed so that I can upgrade directly without any view restrictions going missing?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2013

Looks like you were mentioning about this bug/issue: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/User+specific+page+restrictions+are+removed+during+upgrade+to+Confluence+5.2.4

Actually, this bug only affects customers who upgraded directly from version 5.1.5 or earlier to 5.2.4. The fix was NOT to upgrade to 5.2.4 and then to 5.2.5 but instead to rollback to the previous/pre-upgrade Confluence version or follow through the next steps mentioned in the documentation.

You can upgrade 5.1.5 directly to 5.3 and you shouldn't be encountering the same problem doing so. The bug has been fixed in 5.2.5 and 5.3.

Mike Monette October 1, 2013

I meant 5.2.3

The fix (workaround) was to install 5.2.3 first then 5.2.4.

I don't see how you won't classify it as a workaround/fix. Because it is.

But thanks for the info. We should be fine going right to 5.3.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events