Bulk delete/disable users in Confluence

Jeremy McCurdy December 28, 2017

I'm getting an error when I try to edit pages now that I have exceeded the maximum number of users for my license (Starter License, 10 users). It says in order to create or edit content, I must reduce the number of active users in the installation by deleting or disabling users. I think users were added to our instanced based on Active Directory Users, so we have hundreds there - but there are actually only a handful of people who need to be contributors of Confluence here. Is there a way to bulk disable users in Confluence, and then I can simply enable the few who require write-access? Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2017

As mentioned in:

How to get a list of active users counting towards the Confluence license:

Confluence's license count is based on Global Permissions. Users will count towards the license in the following ways:
If the user is a member of a group that has global permissions to use Confluence
If the user is individually granted global permissions to use Confluence

To immediately reduce the users counting against your license, take the unneeded users out of any groups with Global permission to use Confluence. 

For the long term please try the strategies in How to change the number of users synchronized from LDAP to Confluence

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events