Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building new theme in confluence

Ivo Rodrigues May 27, 2020

Hello all,

I was trying to build a new theme to my company and when searching in the documentation a website is reference that was supposed to help on it.

But when i access to that i see the following message:

"The Theme API was built for a UI that Confluence has recently moved away from, and doesn't support the new UI. Based on Theme API usage to date, we are evaluating whether Theme API will support the new UI."

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/create-a-confluence-theme/

Does anyone knows any other way to build themes or it is not possible anymore.

Thank you in advance.

Ivo

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2020

Hello @Ivo Rodrigues !

You are correct, the creation of themes for Confluence Cloud currently not available.

There are, however, some theming add-ons that can assist customers who want to customize Confluence:

You can check them here:

Moving back into the "create a theme" territory, we can see that there is a deeper conversation about the creation of themes happening in our Sister Community, the Developer Community! You can check it here:

[Atlassian Developer Community] Is creating a Theme for Confluence Cloud still possible?

The developer community is the go-to place for development questions all-things Atlassian!

Let us hear from you!

Deleted user March 11, 2021

Regarding the addons that you recommended, those are all paid.  I understand the need to monetize, but does Atlassian really think $60 per year is reasonable for someone who just wants their default table headers in confluence to be a different color?

Like # people like this
0 votes
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 29, 2020

If you're looking to make the content available publically, you could try my team's app Scroll Viewport. You can customize many aspects of the theme to fit your brand.

Here's an example: https://k15t.scrollhelp.site/scroll-viewport/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events