Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build a Approval form in Confluence

Siddhartha Vatsal May 3, 2021

We have to build a approval form on top of many pages. It will have 4 Columns - 

S. No., Approver name, Status and Approval date. 

by default Approver button will be enabled for Users to approve. As soon as Approver Clicks the approve button, Status should change to Approve and Approval date should be populated with current date. I have attached a screenshot for reference what we are trying to build. Please help me to build this reusable macro. Which can I plugin in all the pages wherever required. Thanks in advance. Confluence Macro.PNG

3 answers

0 votes
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2021

Hi @Siddhartha Vatsal 

As @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- and @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ have said to support your use case in Confluence Cloud you would need to consider one of the plugins available on the Atlassian Marketplace. One option could be Comala Document Management, which allows you to build a completely customised review process and then assign reviewers to approve your documents.

You can get a free trial from the Atlassian Marketplace, and if you have any questions feel free to reach out to our Customer Success team at https://support.comalatech.com

Kind regards

James
Senior Product Manager 

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021

You cannot do that on cloud, without implementing (or using) a plugin. It is just not possible

Alex

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2021

Thanks @Vero Rivas I am looking for something in-built. We don't want to include 3rd party apps. Is there a way we can achieve through native capabilities of confluence?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

No, Confluence is a wiki, not a workflow or process engine.  You'll need to add quite a lot of code to implement a workflow engine, but I'd strongly recommend getting an existing app to do it all for you.

Alright thanks. Will recommend to use plugin to my team.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events