Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug with table of contents for Chrome

y.perfilov February 27, 2020

Hello, everyone!

There seems to be a bug with TOC macro for Google Chrome Version 80.0.3987.122 (Official Build) (64-bit)).
There is no jumping to a created anchors, unfortunately.
The problem seems to affect all the pages that are using TOC macro.
Could someone check if the problem happens with your space as well?
I have tried to Google the report to Atlassian but alas there is none.

Thank you in advance!

4 answers

1 vote
Marco Leist July 30, 2020

We found out that chromes implementation of smooth scrolling (in combination with Confluence Release 7) seems to be part of the problem. When I disable smooth scrolling via chrome://flags/#smooth-scrolling, the problem seems to disappear after restarting Chrome. It is interesting that the problem does not occur in old Confluence releases (e.g. 6.13).

genomarb July 30, 2020

We are using 7.4 server, our issue only appears in ToC pages that contain a table.

I can remove the smooth scrolling, but we have circa 1.5K daily users. I cant ask them all to do this

Marco Leist August 3, 2020

we have the same situation with thousands of chrome clients with smooth scrollign enabled... so i created an Atlassian support issue now (no reply so far / not yet published).

Deleted user August 18, 2020

@Marco Leist is there any update ? I have also created a ticket in Mar20 with Atlassian but its still in "Gathering Impact". There is also Problem with 6.X Versions and also did not work by disabling smooth scrolling in chrome and restarting Chrome. 

Thanks,

Preeti

Marco Leist September 16, 2020

Unfortunately no solution so far.
Here is the link to the public ticket: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-60200
It certainly helps if as many people as possible vote up the ticket and watch it.
Thanks, Marco

Marco Leist September 18, 2020

FYI: In https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-60200 someone provided a CSS Fix - my first tests (i inserted it into custom HTML) were successfull! Here the fix:

html { scroll-behavior: unset;}  

0 votes
genomarb July 15, 2020

I have seen the same issue

This seems to only happen in Chrome and if the page contains a table. The anchor goes to the first table in the page

If you remove all tables it works fine

0 votes
Jeremy Deal March 4, 2020

I have the exact same issue which brought me here to your question. Verified in Chrome that the TOC links jump past the Heading text. When visiting the TOC link in IE it correctly jumps to the Heading text.

0 votes
y.perfilov February 27, 2020

It works with Edge to add more info :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events