Breadcrumb not pointing to dashboard

Rosario De Domenico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

Hi,

I have the dashboard (default) as home page for Confluence and also for my user I point to the default (i.e. Dashboard), but the breadcrumb on all my pages lists the Space name twice in each page.

image2015-6-11 9:52:59.png 

Why? I would expect either the Space name once or the dashboard name before the space name.

How can I fix / change this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2015

Hello Rosario,

I assume that you're using the "Documentation Theme"?

Then, the first part of the breadcrumbs is the name of the space, the second part is the name of the root page of the space. In your case, you named the root page after the space name (same name), so it appears some kind of duplicated.
Clicking on the space name goes to the space home page. Per default this is the space root page, but you can change that in the space details and specify a different home page.

If you want to leave the names that way and really want the space name not to be displayed, you can hide it using CSS.
In our Confluence 5.5.2 the following CSS did it:

/* Do not display first breadcrumb element */  
#breadcrumbs li.first              { display: none; }                    
/* Do not display the slash between first and second breadcrumb element */  
#breadcrumbs li.first + li:before  { content: none; }

Cheers,
Kirstin

0 votes
Rosario De Domenico
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2015

I have now addressed this question also to support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events