Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blog Posts Move Around

Scot Gutierrez March 24, 2022

I usually have 8-10 blog posts in a month.  I notice if I change the name of a Blog post it moves the order around in some random way.  It is not alphabetical or alpha-numeric as I can tell.  Any idea how to keep Blog Posts from moving once you rename them.

Some people have commented on other questions that Blog Posts are viewed in the order they were entered.  This is absolutely not true for me. 

Thoughts?  Suggestions? 

1 answer

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2022

Hi @Scot Gutierrez ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

The blog posts are listed in order of posting date, and it's not possible to reorder those. So if you change them the date changes, i think thats the reason its moving. 

There is a feature request to be able to change the date of the blog post:

It's possible that if this were to be implemented, then when you change the posting date it might change the order in the sidebar.

I would recommend that you vote on that request, and leave a comment there .

Otherwise, I would recommend creating those posts as pages instead, since it's currently possible to reorder those.

I hope the above info helps. Have a good day. 

Thanks,

Srinath T

Scot Gutierrez March 28, 2022

Thanks for the response.  Sometimes when I change one blog post, another blog post moves.  It's strange.  I can't seem to find a pattern.  And if the posts changed when I updated them then the newest post should either go to the top of the list or the bottom of the list of blogs but it doesn't.  It goes to some random place in the list.  I actually enter them in the same order every month and they shift when I enter them so I can never have them in the same order.  Just frustrating.  

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2022

@Scot Gutierrez , never seen this kind of behaviour before.  This is kind of issue's are not that easy to replicate also. Which version of confluence are you using. ? 

Scot Gutierrez March 28, 2022

License Information for Confluence

Confluence 7.14.1

Copyright © 2003 - 2021 Atlassian Corporation Pty Ltd.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events