Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice for confluence articles to appear in Help center

Karyn Tooke January 2, 2020

I'm looking for best practice advice to ensure the right confluence articles are presented to end-users from the Help Center/SD form.

Following some testing when raising a SD ticket an article with vpn in the title & also added to labels is not presented to the user, despite having vpn in the summary field, unless the word open is also added. Examples below:

VPN only - Article missing

SD form - only vpn on summary.png

open & VPN - Correct article presented

SD form - both open & vpn on summary.png

Article title

Article with open vpn in title.png

Labels stored with article

Article with correct labels.png

As a result, the right articles are not being presented & ticket deflection is not as effective as it could be, what are we missing?

2 answers

0 votes
Joshua.Brookes February 4, 2020

If you search for the word "Only", does it show the "VPN only" article? - no

Is this issue happening only with this article? - at the moment yes.

If you search through the Search option on the top of the page, does it show the article? - not sure what you mean.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2020

Thank you for the information, Joshua.

The search is related to the general search in the customer portal. 

Please, check if it shows something different from the articles that appear when creating a ticket.

Screen Recording 2020-02-04 at 04.34 PM.gif

Joshua.Brookes February 18, 2020

It does not appear, We have the correct tags however when users are making tickets there are not clicking on the KB's because there are not showing please advise? 

Should i make a tickt so you can view our jira config?

Thanks,

Josh

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2020

Thanks, Joshua.

If the page is part of a space linked to the Service Desk and the page is open to the customers, it should appear.

The labels on the page work for Confluence, but in the Customer Portal, it considers only the title of the page.

Have you checked the permissions of the page? When a space is added to a Project, all pages must be opened for it to show in the Portal.

Related to the ticket, if you are the site administrator of the site, you can create one on support.atlassian.com. Here is community we can try to help by testing on our test sites and with the information and steps that you shared, we can try to replicate. With the support ticket, you can allow us to access your site and we can check directly what is happening.

Joshua.Brookes February 25, 2020

Hello,

Apologies for the delay, been a busy week, I'll open a support ticket directly so we can take a look at this

Thanks,

Josh

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 6, 2020

Hello Karyn,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I'm not sure how many articles are available on the space linked to your Service Desk project, but I tested here and using the same titles as you and it shows the articles correctly:

Screenshot 2020-01-06_16-31-06-967.png

By default, it only shows three results when we add a keyword in the summary, is it showing only those two?

If you search for the word "Only", does it show the "VPN only" article?

Is this issue happening only with this article?

If you search through the Search option on the top of the page, does it show the article?

With these details, we will be able to better understand what is happening on your site.

Regards,
Angélica

Joshua.Brookes January 31, 2020

Hello Angelica,

We have tested using this, however on our VPN KB, it has vpn & VPN on its tag, is the tagging system case sensitive? - can it be that we can only do one-word tags, as the system does not allow us to do any more than one word as a tag

Thanks,

Josh

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
February 4, 2020

Hi Joshua,

Welcome to Community!

I tested here and searching using "vpn" or "VPN" it shows the same results.

I created pages using the same title as your articles and it shows in the customer portal. The search in the portal is limited to only three results:

Screenshot 2020-02-04_09-25-21-640.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events