Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefit of Using Date Picker?

Aaron Gaber August 20, 2019

Hello!

Can anyone help me understand the benefit of using the Date Picker?

As far as I can tell, you can't search for pages that include the Date Picker with the macroName operator, so why use it?

It would be really cool if you could search for pages that include Date Picker, and maybe even specify a date range.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Patrick Leal May 13, 2022

I was wondering the same thing, but have concluded that if everyone uses it then it standardizes the way dates are displayed in your Confluence instance (in accordance with the Data Format preference in General Configuration). 

0 votes
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2019

Hey @Aaron Gaber

I have used the date macro for multiple things. A previous company I worked for released internal release notes on website updates. They would use the date macro to identify the date the update was released. 

When you are making a requirements document, you may find the need to add a date. This could be used to specify a go live date, target due date or begin work date. 

Im sure there's tons of other use cases for it that I cant think of. 

Quick tip, if you use "//" while in a document, its a shortcut to activate the date picker. 

Aaron Gaber August 22, 2019

Hi @Cody Stevens ,

Thanks very much for your answer.  Those all sound like great uses, I guess I was wondering if the date picker adds any functionality beyond aesthetics.  E.g. Ability to find pages that include the date picker with CQL, etc.

Even if that's not possible, I'll still use it b/c it looks cool too though.  lol

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events