Bash does not show up on the Confluence page for a code snippet

Kate Miller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2021

On Settings, Code Macro Admin, I see Bash as a potential default language. I cannot add a language only set the default. On a Confluence page, in a code snippet, Bash does not show up. How can I set Bash on the Confluence page? 

code.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

Bash used to be part of the list when confluence had the code block Macro. I believe for the code snippet, shell is used instead. 

Kate Miller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 29, 2021

Thanks. Just seems odd that we can set Bash as a default language and it doesn't show up on the selection list for the page. 

0 votes
Eric Myers
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 28, 2022

The Code Block macro is still available if you use the Legacy Editor template, but Atlassian should really make the new Code Snippet macro support bash syntax!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events