Automatic reorder pages lost

Christian Bell December 10, 2018

Hello,

I have within a space subpages below a page. There are 40+ items there until now, growing.

Until recently when a new page got created, it was ordered alphabetically into the tree. This was great.

However, somehow this stopped working. I now need to go to the space settings frequently and click on the A-Z button.

In stackoverflow, I found this info:

"When you drag a page to a new position, the order of the page family changes to Manual. Newly added pages will not be sorted alphabetically, but will appear at the bottom of the list."

But how do I revert back to alphabetical auto sorting?

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2018

Hello Christian!
As you have noticed, this behaviour in Confluence has changed. This change comes with the effort to provide drag and drop capabilities to the page tree.
This was recently implemented and you can take a look the post giving more details about this change here:
Update to default sort order for newly created pages

Christian Bell December 12, 2018

Thanks Diego.

Even if your answer is indeed answering my question, the behaviour / change is really annoying. To update now alphabetically, I have to do each time a workaround.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events