Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic registering of licenses?

Mike Reuter June 26, 2017

Hi,

I want to create a multi instance on a linux-server,

in other words, I want to have several tenants. Every

tenant runs its own atlassian confluence instance.

Is there a possibility to create and destroy licenses

as needed?

Do you have links to documentation, where I can

read more about this topic?

Regards,

Mike

5 answers

0 votes

>> It's the wrong way to do whatever you think you're trying to do.

So do you have any suggestion, how to automate that license buy/register process in a clean way?

It seems that you have a clear strategy, what you would do in that situation. I'd like to hear that if you'll tell me.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2017

Yes, I wouldn't build and tear down instances.  I'd get a set that work and reuse them.  Or even one shared instance.  No need to keep relicencing, and it won't repeatedly cost you a lot more money.

0 votes

The focus for me here and now is how to automatically register(buy) new licenses.

Do you have specific details about that process?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2017

It depends partly on how you are doing this "auto provisioning".  If you're running the installers, part of the setup will need you to have some script that can log into your my.atlassian account and buy another licence.  If you want to do it without the installers, you'll need a web-script that can do much the same but then apply the licence into the data.

But seriously, this is not a model you wish to persue.  It's the wrong way to do whatever you think you're trying to do.

0 votes

Oh Sorry. Maybe it did not use the correct words(I'm no native speaker).

With cancellation I mean a termination of a license with automatic renew. This may not be necessary as I every license may be registered and renewed via a scheduled license manager program.

Do you have specific documentation links, where I can examine the method you pointed out in detail?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2017

No.  You were clear.

An Atlassian server licence is for one year.  There is no "cancel", and there is no "automatic renew".  You can get a refund in some cases, but they're not going to repeatedly refund you.

0 votes

Yes, of course. I want to automatically buy and cancel licenses as needed.

Is there any documentation about how to do the fiddling?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2017

There is no automation available for that.  You could probably automate the buy of an annual licence, but the refund process usually takes some human intervention and Atlassian won't do it repeatedly.  Your "cancel" is not going to work.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2017

It is possible to automate the deployment of licences with some fiddling.

But you're going to have to buy a new licence for each instance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events