Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic exchange of labels within a Macro

Amelie Ambos October 7, 2020

Hi there,

when merging similar labels or replacing labels with the Label Manager does this also change automatically in the query in the "Content by Label" Macro?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Amelie Ambos

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2020

Hi @Amelie Ambos , 

the content by label dynamically gets its content from the labels you add to the macro. 

You can't remove, change or manage labels directly. Labels just exist once they are added to a page and disappear if they are no longer on any page (including pages in the space trash). 

So if you want to replace one label with another, you will need to add the new label to your macro. 

Hope this helps! 

- Tessa

Amelie Ambos October 8, 2020

Hi @Tessa Tuteleers ,

thank you for your reply.

Sorry, I think I did not formulate my question clearly enough. With the Add On "Label Manager for Confluence" it is possible to manage labels directly. I wonder if e.g. when changing label names in the Label Manager, this will also change automatically in the "Content by Label" macro?

Otherwise you are right. 

Best regards,

Amelie Ambos

Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2020

@Amelie Ambos , 

this app basically replaces the labels you want with another (new or existing), but not change the existing label into another one. 

The query in your Content by Label macro will still query your old label and since your pages don't have that one anymore, the pages will disappear. 

Hope this doesn't cause too much trouble for you..

Tessa

Amelie Ambos October 8, 2020

Oh okay that helps me a lot to make a decision. Thank you @Tessa Tuteleers !

Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2020

You're welcome @Amelie Ambos , 

If you wish, you can mark this answer as accepted. that way the topic is marked as resolved and other people with the same question can find the answer faster. 

Have a great day! 

Tessa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events