Automatic Re-Indexing in Confluence

Pedro Olmo Rueda February 25, 2015

Hello Atlassian,

I need automatic indexing Confluence, for indexing every day.

It possible?

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2015

There's nothing built-in that will let you do this.

The reason is quite simple - you should not need to do this.  The index is updated by every page update automatically, and should only require a rebuild if something goes wrong.  The Confluence systems I work with often go without reindexing for months, it only happens when they undergo an upgrade or a new plugin requires it.

So, I think the question is "Why do you think you need to reindex regularly"?  Because it's suggesting that you have something that is breaking your system.

Pedro Olmo Rueda February 27, 2015

Hi Nic,

My problem is that do not update plugins in my confluence page.

This plugins are: Contributors and activity stream.

Regards

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2015

I'm not sure I understand the problem. What does "do not update plugins in my confluence page" mean? If you're looking at the contributors and activity stream macros, they will show updates as soon as you refresh a page. Unless something in your indexing is broken - in which case we need to fix that, not try to plaster over the cracks by reindexing. Have a look in your log, check Admin -> Indexing to see the states of the cache.

Pedro Olmo Rueda March 1, 2015

Good morning Nic, The problem is that the macros doesn`t update. I need that the macros update without having to re-index. If I re-index, the macros will updates. Regards

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2015

Could you be clear about this - do you mean that the reported content of the macros does not update when you refresh the pages? And again, can you look in your log, and check Admin -> Indexing to see the states of the cache.

Pedro Olmo Rueda March 2, 2015

Hi Nic, The problem is: QUEUE IS CURRENTLY IDLE. How do I can activate? Regards

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 2, 2015

That just means that all the items that need indexing have been indexed - the index is not doing any work. A global re-index at this point would do absolutely nothing to the index. So we need to look at what is going wrong during the "index when page is saved" side. What does your log file say?

Pedro Olmo Rueda March 2, 2015

Hi Nic, Can I sent my Log file? Regards

Leena Bakshi May 10, 2018

Pedro, did you find the way to automate your confluence reindexing?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events