Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto update a confluence page

Deleted user December 9, 2020

HI Guys

In our company each person has a working page. Then there is a over arching page, and then there will be pages below the overarching page that link in. My question is what is the easiest way for us , so that the working pages can auto update the over arching pages?

regards 

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user December 9, 2020

HI @Thomas Bowskill  maybe my explanation was not clear enough. Is there a way that I can auto update the main page with the updates I have done in my personal space automatically?

Thomas Bowskill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2020

Ah right, so you have content in your personal space that you wish to show in the main page?

Hard to know without having a bit more context on this use-case. Could you outline / screenshot an example of what the ideal solution would look like?

My gut says if the above macros don't work then you probably have a bit of a manual effort to do here, but maybe seeing an example will yield something.

0 votes
Thomas Bowskill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2020

Hi @[deleted] 

If you just want to show what pagers are under the over-arching page, then use Children Display

You could be a bit more advanced and start labelling your content so that you can categorise it -- if that's the case, Content by Label would suit you.

There are also ways to pull through content, providing you structure the child pages with the right macro:

Excerpt include lets you include a designated excerpt of a page into another

Page Properties Report lets you include content that has been structured in a table

I think if you read through those guides you will get a good feel for what they offer and hopefully it will help you decide the best route forward.

Hope that helps and let me know if anything wasn't clear :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events