Auto Redirect from page to URL (space... or page)

Dirk Bromberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

Hi,

we want to auto redirect our users when click on a page to another URL or page in another space...

What are possible solutions for this?

thanks!

Dirk

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012
Dirk Bromberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2012

Works fine.

Johannes.Stark March 8, 2021

wish I could say that.... When I enter the destination URL and publish the site from which I want to redirect, it reverts to a default (the main landing page of our Confluence Documentation suite) and not the URL I entered... Also, when attempting to edit the redirect parameters, I can't edit the destination page.  I tried various approaches, so far no luck

Steve April 5, 2021

No easy or ideal way to do a Confluence redirect. We moved to cloud and ended up building our own app, just put on the marketplace Easy Redirection for Confluence Cloud. If have any feedback let me know.

Like Ebrahim likes this
0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2012

mod_rewrite or this filter http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

Dirk Bromberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2012

Whow, fast answer. But we want more dynamic without customizing the server or webapp. Like paste macro or html snippet on the page...

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2012

I'm on fast music right now; motorhead. Add a script into the page changing the window.location to your desired one

Like Michael Peek likes this
Dirk Bromberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2012

Hm, you have an short example? or howto?

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2012

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events