Authenticator re-setup

Huiting Wu September 18, 2022

Hi, my phone went through a re-set and as a result I lost the authenticator connection to Atlassian. I tried to disable two step verification on account settings, hopefully that would enable a reset on the verification with a new QR code to add to authenticator. However, website keeps prompting error messages. I wonder what to do to get the authenticator to connect again. 

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2022

@Huiting Wu Welcome to the Atlassian community

If you no longer have the authenticator app then you will need to use your recovery key to login to setup the app again.  If you no longer have your recovery key you will have to contact Atlassian support.  Here is a KB that will help you with steps https://support.atlassian.com/atlassian-account/docs/manage-two-step-verification-for-your-atlassian-account/ 

Huiting Wu September 18, 2022

Yes I do have the code and can log onto everything temporarily. It was when I try to disable the verification that I keep getting an error. As shown in the screenshot there. Could it potentially be a bug in the webpage?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

@Huiting Wu Ok, I would suggest that you contact support then.  Do you know if your account is managed by your company?  If that is the case that might be the issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events