Attachment file size limits?

Jeff Puzzo April 22, 2013

I have three related questions:

1) In the Confluence OnDemand documentation, it says there is a limit of 10MB per attachment. It also says that it is non-configurable...even on request. That true?

2) If we are importing a space from another Confluence wiki into OnDemand and some of the attachments already in the space are over 10MB, would that cause a problem? Or is it just a limit for new attachments?

3) I'm guessing there is no defined limit for the maximum total amount of storage attachments can take up? You just get charged more if you go over the 25GB limit, right?

thanks,

JP

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2013

Hi Jeff, in the case of On Demand it's not configurable... There's only documentation for the Standalone version:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+Attachment+Size

And here I found documentation about exporting data with size larger than 100mb (I think this is including the attachments):

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Importing+wiki+data#Importingwikidata-3.ImportthedataintoConfluenceOnDemand

And here it's about storage:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=253231650

Exceding limit it will be a 1$ charge per GB.

Hope this helps.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2013

Do you have both instances? The best way to know this is maybe doing a test with a page that has an attachment larger than 10mb. I've searched but can't something specific related to this case :(

Thanks. That's what I figured on questions 1 and 3.

I am aware of the different instructions for exporting/importing spaces larger than 100MB, but thanks! We will definitely be using it.

With question 2, my question was about the file size of individual attachments within a space that we are considering moving from an installed wiki to an OnDemand wiki.

In our installed instance, our per-attachment limit is larger than 10MB...it is possible that we have some attachments in there already that are above this size.

The question is are those attachments going to cause problems in an OnDemand instance that only allows attachments that are 10MB or less. Or is that limit just for new attachments and what is already there is there?

We have not set up OnDemand yet. I am scouting it out first to see what issues we may run into. Next steps would be to do testing with a trial version, but figured I'd ask to see if anyone already knew.

thanks again!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events