Attachment Restrictions

Richard S June 13, 2012

Apart from creating a page and adding restrictions to it, is there a way of restricting access to attachments within a page.

What I would like to do is have numerous attachments within a page, but restricted access to them so that different users can open different attachments, rather than creating separate pages and restricting access to the pages.

Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2012

Hi Steve,

I don't think that this is possible out of the box. You can control the visibility of the links to the attachments with the visibility plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/202)

With that, you have makros like "show-to" or "hide-from".

But beware of this: the makro just hides the link on the surface. It is no real security. If a user looks at the code of the page, he can see the link. The attachments are also not hidden, if a user is searching with some keywords.

Best regards

Thomas

Richard S June 13, 2012

Thanks for the quick response.

I thought that may be the case. =( Oh well, I'll just have to create a few restricted child pages.

Cheers

Steve

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events