Attachment Restrictions

Apart from creating a page and adding restrictions to it, is there a way of restricting access to attachments within a page.

What I would like to do is have numerous attachments within a page, but restricted access to them so that different users can open different attachments, rather than creating separate pages and restricting access to the pages.

Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Jun 13, 2012

Hi Steve,

I don't think that this is possible out of the box. You can control the visibility of the links to the attachments with the visibility plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/202)

With that, you have makros like "show-to" or "hide-from".

But beware of this: the makro just hides the link on the surface. It is no real security. If a user looks at the code of the page, he can see the link. The attachments are also not hidden, if a user is searching with some keywords.

Best regards

Thomas

Thanks for the quick response.

I thought that may be the case. =( Oh well, I'll just have to create a few restricted child pages.

Cheers

Steve

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,176 views 20 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you