Attachment Download Error

James Lim-It July 22, 2013

Hi,

I cannot download attachments from a particular space, it shows the following error whenever I try to click the download button or even use the save as command using the mouse.

and

Also, when moving a page it shows the following error

Any Ideas on this?

Thanks,

James

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2013

What version of Confluence are you using?

Attachment download issue:

Do you happened to have any third-party plugins installed that offers attachment check out functionality? I'd suggest to enable Plugin Safe Mode and check the result. This will disable all user-installed plugins at once. So if the issue does not occur again, it is caused by one of the third-party plugins installed. In order to isolate which plugin is the culprit, you may need to enable the plugin one-by-one till you observed the issue arise again. Once the test has been carried out, disable this mode.

Move page issue:

Ensure that the URL you access Confluence via the browser matches the base URL configured in Confluence Admin > General Configuration and check out the causes/resolutions in this KB and see if it applies.

James Lim-It July 23, 2013

Thanks for the reply. We're on 3.1.1. We will try your suggestion and will post an update. Thank you again

hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2013

Hey James,

Confluence 3.1.1 has reached its end of life. Is there any plan to upgrade your Confluence to a later version? This would be highly recommended.

James Lim-It July 24, 2013

Hi Anis,

I guess the problem is on the broken links, is it possible to get the directory path of the links from our own database server? I have access on our database but I dont know how to get the physical directory so that I can download the files from there.

BTW, I'm trying to get all the files so we can back it up while upgrading to confluence 5 though it may take some time.

hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2013

Hey James,

I just noticed the second screen shot. I might have mislooked it previously. This tells me that you have a file system storage for attachment instead of a database storage. There's a possibility that the file has been accidentally deleted/removed which caused it to be inaccesible. Do you happened to have a backup of <confluence-home>/attachments folder? It might be possible to restore it from a file system backup. You can also try this out: Resolving missing attachments with disk storage and see if it helps.

James Lim-It July 25, 2013

Alright we'll look into it, thanks for the input!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events