Assign Taks to multiple people?

Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2016

How can we use the Task List facility to assign the same Task to two Users - e.g. the Task might be for two Users to discuss and resolve a certain issue so the Task belongs to both of them equally and needs to appear in both their Task list accordingly.

I have tried putting "@" mentions one after the other (see below with my two different User accounts) the moment it seems to only place the task in the Tasks of the first person mentioned

this is the page with the tasks

image2016-9-15 17:18:54.png

This is the task list of the Rodney Hughes User

image2016-9-15 17:23:9.png

4 answers

1 vote
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2016

Unfortunately you can't assign multiple users to a task

See this feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26786

0 votes
Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 19, 2022

Hi @Rodney Hughes,

I came across your question since our customers tackle your case with Talk Advanced Inline Comments for Confluence. The app has features that help treat inline comments as tasks. Through mentions they bring users to the conversations, then they use the Talk Priority feature to highlight the importance of the task, and then build Talk Report to show who is mentioned (means responsible) in this task. The report show sthe following information:

Talk report.png

If you use it in combinations with the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, you can filter comments by Author, Status, Date etc. 

0 votes
gina March 22, 2021

It is ridiculous that it is not possible to assign a task to multiple people. 

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2016

Thanks for the link smile

I had also thought of the comments in that link about how it gets marked as completed and by whom so its good to see it is in the mix ... but as usual pending Atlassian's decision

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events