As an admin, can I override page level restrictions?

I am in the process of migrating a space from one Confluence instance to another. Some pages in the space have page-level restrictions that were set by someone who has since left the team. I do not have view or edit permissions to these pages, and neither does anyone else who remains on the team.

Can I, as an admin, override these page-level restrictions? How do I do that?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer
Danny Zuccaro Community Champion Mar 09, 2016

Hi,

Yes you can override page level restrictions as an admin.

Space Admin and System Administrator access to restricted pages 
Users with 'Admin' permissions in a space, or users with the System Administrator global permission can remove restrictions from pages, even if the page restriction prevents them from viewing the page. Go to  Space Administration  >  Restricted Pages.

Link with more instructions - here.

Good luck. 

Note: when I clicked on the "remove restriction" button for a user, it would take me to the page and it was still locked until i removed ALL of the restrictions.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence Cloud

Happy holidays from our team to yours!

Hi Community!  2018 was filled with changes for our team, both big and small, and we've taken a lot of time to both celebrate our wins and recognize areas of improvement. One thing that we're a...

98 views 1 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you