Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

As a user without special permissions in a space, how do I look up what other users have access?

I understand that I don't get administrator rights on certain Confluence spaces.

But even as an ordinary user I need to know which other people/usergroups have access, if only to know what links I can share with others.

Where do I find this information ? Is it available for me ?

1 answer

0 votes
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Apr 04, 2022

Hi @Brigitte Van Gerven ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

Well, its purely admins job to assign/verify permissions because one has to have access to admin console to all that so for ordinary users you have limited options. You have all the privilege to content you own and you can share with any one. But allowing ordinary user to check other groups permissions is not standard practice. 

You can go through the below pages to understand more about the same. 

I hope the above info helps . Have a good day.

Thanks,

Srinath T

OK, I hope I can convince our administrators to turn on the "check who can view a page" option.
I find the lack of transparency about who has access to what content a disadvantage of Confluence. For information security/GDPR reasons, this is very relevant information for ordinary users without special access rights.

Update: Unfortunately, the "check who can view a page" option cannot be activated for the cloud version of Confluence, which we are using.

So my problem isn't solved. I can create a page in a space, but I have no idea who can view the page, unless I explicitly ask the system administrator to check this for me. 

This is a security/GDPR issue, so I would recommend that you resolve this as soon as possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

105 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you