Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As a user without special permissions in a space, how do I look up what other users have access?

Brigitte Van Gerven April 4, 2022

I understand that I don't get administrator rights on certain Confluence spaces.

But even as an ordinary user I need to know which other people/usergroups have access, if only to know what links I can share with others.

Where do I find this information ? Is it available for me ?

1 answer

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2022

Hi @Brigitte Van Gerven ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

Well, its purely admins job to assign/verify permissions because one has to have access to admin console to all that so for ordinary users you have limited options. You have all the privilege to content you own and you can share with any one. But allowing ordinary user to check other groups permissions is not standard practice. 

You can go through the below pages to understand more about the same. 

I hope the above info helps . Have a good day.

Thanks,

Srinath T

Brigitte Van Gerven April 5, 2022

OK, I hope I can convince our administrators to turn on the "check who can view a page" option.
I find the lack of transparency about who has access to what content a disadvantage of Confluence. For information security/GDPR reasons, this is very relevant information for ordinary users without special access rights.

Brigitte Van Gerven April 7, 2022

Update: Unfortunately, the "check who can view a page" option cannot be activated for the cloud version of Confluence, which we are using.

So my problem isn't solved. I can create a page in a space, but I have no idea who can view the page, unless I explicitly ask the system administrator to check this for me. 

This is a security/GDPR issue, so I would recommend that you resolve this as soon as possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events