Are there any plugins that will automatically create a hierarchy of pages

Daniel Tombs January 16, 2017

I am trying to create a way for our marketing team to spawn a bunch of templates at once. 

We are using loads of templates when we are planning events, i was wondering if there is a plugin that we can auto spawn the hierarchy of pages from the templates we have to make it easier and faster for the team?

Any help is appreciated

3 answers

0 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2017

Hi Daniel,

We had exactly the same problem in our company.

We then decided to develop plugins for our needs. You can also find them on the Marketplace. Possibly, they also cover your needs.

Here you find some Live Examples (no registration needed).

Marketplace Links: Page Tree Creator and Space Tree Creator.

Regards,
Stephan

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2017

not sure if this is what you need

We have been using the plug-in "Copy Page Tree" to copy a page and its children to other Spaces. In fact we use it to pre-populate new Spaces with an initial page structure - including a section for meetings and events with standard agendas and such

I believe Confluence now has an option for doing something similar

with this then i wouldn't need to create separate templates. the originals effectively become my templates and then we can just copy from them and change the names etc?

Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2017

basically yes.

The "Copy Page Tree" plugin has the ability to add prefix/suffix to the titles of all the pages in the hierarchy and also change text automatically in the title and also change text in the body of the page

EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2017

Hi Rodney,
Can the "Copy Page Tree" plugin really change text in the body of the page? I could not find that in the documentation.
Regards,
Stephan

looking for the same answer^^^^^

Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2017

Yes it can - see the line "Page Content"

image2017-1-17 6:24:59.png

this is exactly what i need. thank you

0 votes
Dave Bosman
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2017

Hi Daniel,

Currently there is no "out of the box" solution.

As a workaround you could create a template space

And when you create a new space you can use following plugin to copy the space

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.copyspace/server/overview

Regards

Dave

this is what i thought but i wanted to double check because i often miss the simple thing and make it complicated for myself. thank-you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events