Approve, or restrict, a space permission - how?

At least three space permissions can be dangerous under certain circumstances (Export Space, Restrict and View Anonymously). Even if they are revoked once and removed from default set of space permissions, space admins can still grant them.

What if some permissions could be set only by Confluence admin, or would have to be approved by them?

There's apparently no Confluence feature or a plugin that can do this, or is there?

1 answer

I would suggest creating a new user group that will be just like the confluence-admin group, but do not grant them the ability to administer a space.

To do this, fist create a new group called "confluence-space-admin."

1. Go to Space Permissions (Confluence Admin > Space Permissions)
  2. Click Edit Permissions, add the new group to the list and click Add.
  3. Uncheck the following boxes:
  4. Under Pages:Restrict
  5. Under Space:Export, Admin
  6. Add the appropriate users to the new user group
  7. Be sure to remove those same users from the original confluence-admin group.

Here is some background information you might find useful:

The point is not to remove space admin permission entirely but to restrict it. I'm not sure how this solves the problem.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 56m ago in Confluence Cloud

Happy holidays from our team to yours!

Hi Community!  2018 was filled with changes for our team, both big and small, and we've taken a lot of time to both celebrate our wins and recognize areas of improvement. One thing that we're a...

50 views 0 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you