Apply space permissions to existing space

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2017

I have been fighting with setting up confluence admins all morning on a cloud instance and I still can't get it working. Here's what I have done so far:

1. created a group called "conflluence-admins"
  2. gave the group admin rights in Application access configuration
  3. gave the group Confluence Admin rights in Global Permissions
  4. gave the group Space Admin rights in Default Space Permissions 

After all of that, the users in that group still don't have space admin rights in existing spaces (i.e., the group doesn't even show up in the list when I go into an existing space and look at its permissions). 

Can anyone tell me what step I missed? How do I get Confluence to recognize the permissions I have granted to this group? I need to have a group that can delete spaces so I am not the only person capable of doing that. 

Thanks! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2017

>group still don't have space admin rights in existing spaces 

You need to add the group to each existing space.  The default setting in point 4 only applies when a new space is being created.

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2017

Well shucks. That is not optimal at all (or intuitive). 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events