Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application link to JIRA from Confluence

Abhianv March 16, 2015

I have created an application link for JIRA in Confluence. When I create an issue out of confluence It sets "Reporter" field as the user configured in the JIRA Application Link. Is there a way so that "Reporter" field could be set as the current logged in confluence user?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Eduardo Guzman March 17, 2015

Then what you have to do is:

1. Enter to each server configuration and edit the server.xml inside "conf" folder. This is inside your JIRA_INSTALL folder (don't confuse with JIRA_HOME which is different).
  2. In the contextPath add something like "/jira" or "/confluence".
  3. Restart both servers
  4. Connect to the URL with something like http://192.168.123.100:8080/jira <- as you can see I'm adding the context path you entered.

This problem is because everytime you connect to the port it creates a new token, making you have to re-login everytime you switch apps, while using different context path allows you to have 2 different tokens so you can be log in at both.

Abhianv March 17, 2015

Thank you so much. All issues resolved :)

1 vote
Eduardo Guzman March 16, 2015

You have to:

1. change the Applications Links to use OAuth.
  2. In Confluence's Further Configuration enable the Remote API option.

If the message still appears, try clicking the link (sometimes it shows an "Allow or Deny" connection message).

If that yet doesn't help...are you able to connect to both instances at the same time or everytime you enter Confluence, when you enter to JIRA it asks for you credentials again?

Abhianv March 16, 2015

Thanks for the reply, 1 and 2 are already configured as stated. When I am logged in into JIRA and click on a Confluence link , It always asks for credentials. The same is true for vice versa. I have permissions in the projects as well.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

Are you using basic authentication for application links? If you use OAuth, the confluence user can map his id to a valid JIRA user.

Abhianv March 16, 2015

Thanks for the reply. I have disabled basic auth and enabled OAuth. Now in Confluence it says "You do not have permission to access any projects in JIRA". Is there a place where I need to do confluence-jira user mapping? Please advise.

Abhianv March 16, 2015

I am an Administrator in both JIRA and Confluence.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

being an admin doesn't grant you permissions in the project, Check your access by logging into JIRA using that id.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events