Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Apache Tomcat - which version is used in LTS 7.13.3

We use the Confluence Server version LTS 7.13.2 and Apache Tomcat version 9.0.45 is installed here. Our security department would like at least version 9.0.54

1 answer

Hey @broich.stefan 

Atlassian application installers are bundled with specific version of apache tomcat, so it's not recommended to upgrade apache tomcat to some version which is not supported. Upgrading apache tomcat will lead to an unsupported version and Atlassian wont be able to support in case of any issues.

So official Supported Platform doc says apache tomcat 9.0.45 is supported for 7.13.2 version.

Good news is confluence 7.14.1+ versions and 7.15 support apache tomcat 9.0.54 as mentioned in this URL https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf713/bundled-tomcat-and-java-versions-1077914840.html

Hope this helps !!

Regards,

Vishwas

Hi Vishas,

thanks a lot for your answer. Unfortunately, this only helps to a limited extent, since we are using the LTS version. Am I correct in assuming that the versions 7.14+ / 7.15 are not LTS versions? 

Best Stefan

Hi @broich.stefan 

That's correct.

Regards,

Vishwas

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

42,023 views 29 132
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you