Any way to stop an page link from pointing to draft mode?

Joel Shapiro June 9, 2021

So I'm in a weird position where I'm trying to link to a confluence page, but every time I use `/link` and type in the page title, it links to the draft (edit) mode of the page and not the page itself. This has the fun side-effect of the folks who click on this link to see the pages I'm referencing not only have a longer page load time, but now they're also afraid to click things because they don't want to accidentally edit my doc.

How can I get `/link` to point to the page instead of its edit mode?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2021

Hello Joel,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you join us! I hope you're doing well. That's a behavior I haven't seen in Confluence before.

1. You mentioned the shortcut you're using is /link, so am I correct in assuming this only occurs on the new editor?
  2. Do other users encounter the same problem? 
  3. Have you seen this happen on other pages? 
  4. If you edit the link and save it without making any changes, does that resolve the problem?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Take care,

Shannon

Joel Shapiro June 16, 2021

Hey Shannon, thanks for reaching out! Against all odds (and weeks of it not being the case), the issue appears to have sorted itself out. If I notice that it's still doing the behavior, I'll let you know. But as of now, I can't reproduce it.

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2021

Hi Joel,

Glad to hear that it's sorted!

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events