Any way to embed a username/password in the url?

Eugene Middlebrooks March 17, 2016

I've tried the os_username/os_password parameters but I think those are just for Confluence server, not cloud. They didn't work.

I just want it to go to the page, without a login screen. And it cannot be an anonymous login. 

4 answers

0 votes
Pranjal Shukla February 20, 2019

How can I use Oauth to achieve the same?

0 votes
Eugene Middlebrooks March 18, 2016

I am embedding a webpage in a winform app and use confluence for help documentation. The login is a read only permission login. It works as it is... but every time the user wants help on a screen it asks for a login which is annoying. The information on the help pages is not vitally sensitive but we don't really want public access. 

Dheeraj Gupta May 16, 2017

Hi Eugene,

Actually me too having the same problem scenario. Just wanted to check if you have discovered any solution for this?

Regards,

Dheeraj Gupta

Eugene Middlebrooks May 17, 2017

As far as I can tell, using the cloud version, you cannot. They have started to add some new authentication features that may one day let us authenticate programatically without a user interaction but for now I have not found a way yet.

Dheeraj Gupta May 18, 2017

Thanks for the information Eugene.

I am also keeping my eye on the new authentication feature and can share updates if something found new. 

You can reach me anytime to my email id Dheeraj.Gupta@Aeris.net

Regards,
Dheeraj Gupta

Dheeraj Gupta February 13, 2018

Hello Community Experts,

Is there any way to resolve the above issue. I am still struggling to get it worked.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2018

There's not going to be any way to change this. 

Users own their Atlassian accounts.

Pranjal Shukla February 17, 2019

Nick, we are trying to achieve the same but our Confluence is Server Version hosted internally . We are developing an Android and IOS app for a specific purpose. We are also invoking Confluence pages in browser mode in our app. However the problem is authentication. Despite logged in to application, he is required to enter his credentials again as he's accessing Confluence pages.

My application is authenticating against LDAP. Is there a way to provide Username and LDAP token in the URL so that user does not have to login separately?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2019

No, and you should never be sending a username and password over a url!

You will need to use Oath to do this.

0 votes
ST Kambor-Wiesenberg March 18, 2016

Hi Eugene,

It's not possible to embed username and password in the url of Atlassian cloud products. I understand that's very comfortable, but you send your credentials unencrypted over the internet, even with every unsuccessful try. I recommend to change your password and try to use a password manager.

Regards
Stephan 

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2016

What are you trying to accomplish?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events