Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous users unable to create pages, despite having permission to

Nicholas Thorne January 21, 2018

My organisations confluence (cloud) site has a space that should allow anonymous users to create new pages, and we have set up the permisisions to allow this (inlcuding the global can use permission) however for some reason whenever they create a new page they can edit it but are directed to log in when they attempt to publish the page. perm.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2018

Hi Nicholas,

This has been reported as a bug, and you can follow it here:

Please provide a vote on that case to help show the number of users who have run into this issue. You can watch the case for updates as well.

Let me know if you have any questions about it, but it doesn't appear that there is a workaround at this time.

Regards,

Shannon

Claes Jæger March 25, 2019

Hi Shannon

I have the same problem, and I have voted for the issues.

Can you say anything about how long it will take, or how many votes it needs, to fix the bug?

The bug was reported almost 1,5 years ago.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2019

Hi Claes,

Sorry to hear you're also running into the problem but thank you so much for our vote!

As for how the bugs are fixed, I know the team follows the Atlassian Cloud Bug Fix Policy. It's not based on a specific number of votes, but a combination of the most critical, how many bugs can be fixed with one fix, ease of fix, and how many votes there are. So I couldn't say with certainty how many votes this one bug would require to be fixed sooner than later.

I found a few more examples and linked them to the bug as well as linking this thread, so hopefully that should help to get the visibility going on that thread. If you also have a ticket for this in support, I would recommend you link your issue link there as well.

Thank you again for all of your help!

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events