Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow project administrators to edit project workflow

GCP September 12, 2013

Is it possible to allow project administrators to edit project workflow - or does it require global jira administrator permissions ? Currently we only see the "Edit" button on project workflow pages when logged in as a global administrator whereas we would like to project administrators themselves to be able to make changes to this. Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2013

Correct, you have to be a system or Jira administrator to edit a workflow. You can't delegate it further down. Yet. Atlassian are looking at delegation of admin functions, although there is one honking great issue with letting project admins change a workflow - they're shared, so an edit for project X could break project Y...

There is an option though. Jira Agile allows you to convert projects to use "simplified workflow". This creates a single-project-only workflow based on the project columns. So the project admins CAN edit the workflow, but it's done by letting them define columns and it precludes doing clever things with post-functions etc.

p.s. I assume your confluence tags are wrong?

Alison Fukumoto March 20, 2014

This is a much needed feature. I hope it comes out in an update

Scott Cranfill August 7, 2014

@Nic Brough, Any update on the status of this? It would be really helpful.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2014
Scott Cranfill August 7, 2014

Ah, great, thanks!

2 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2013

Hey,

are you talking about JIRA or Confluence, I guess JIRA... In JIRA you have te be an administrator to edit workflows...

Cheers Christian

0 votes
GCP September 12, 2013

Thanks for the responses - this clarifies the situation.

And yes - it should have been JIRA I was referring to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events