All images are dropped from imported Word documents

Jens Straten April 27, 2012

We just upgraded to Confluence 4.2.1 and suddenly we can no longer import Word documents properly. It worked in Confluence 4.1.7.

Is there a new setting in Confluence 4.2.1 or is it just broken?

Thanks,

Jens

6 answers

0 votes
HuseinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2012

This is indeed a new bug in Confluence (starting 4.1.9 or higher) that only affects .DOCX documents. I've just filed a bug here at: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-25477 . The workaround currently is to convert the .DOCX document to .DOC format as suggested by JST68 above.

0 votes
Jens Straten May 2, 2012

Good to hear that I am not the only one. :)

You can always try my workaround above. Just convert the Word 2010 document to a Word 2003 document using "Save as" and changing the file type. It somewhat works. Minus some formatting loss, but I guess there is always loss during the conversion anyhow...

Hopefully, there will be a fix for us soon.

Thanks for replying to me!

0 votes
IT Department May 2, 2012

Didn't see this before and just posted the same question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/52151/when-importing-word-document-images-fail-to-import-attach-and-display

I lodged this with support 2 weeks ago, and they were unable to reproduce so i thought it was just me. I evaluated version 4.1.7 and it was working. My first production install was 4.1.9 which this functionality was broken and i lodged the support call, they were unable to solve or reproduce. I have since completed another fresh install, this time using the zip package for windows instead of one-click install. Same result.

I was about to try a linux distro so you saved me time - thanks.

One way we found as a possible work around is to create a new page, attach the word document manually, and then use the 'office word' macro to display the contents.

The tech mentioned that the office macro has changed (renamed) since on a recent released, so i imagine that they've managed to break the 'import word doc' feature as part of this change. :)

0 votes
Jens Straten May 2, 2012

I found a workaround. It still works when the word document gets converted from .docx (2010) to .doc (2003).

This is really confusing because it previously worked just fine with Office 2010...

0 votes
Jens Straten May 1, 2012

Could somebody please confirm that this is not working for anyone on 4.2.1? We are completely stuck... Thanks!

0 votes
Jens Straten April 27, 2012

Same issue on a fresh install. Platform is CentOS 6 x64.

Is it working for anybody?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events