Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After export Table of Contents to HTML page, can I link the sub-topics into other HTML pages, not back to Confluence?

Kristin Hannon January 16, 2013

I can successfully export a Table of Contents page to an HTML page, but I want to be able to click on the branches and them open in HTML pages rather than linking back to Confluence. Is there a way to do this efficiently or elegantly because I realize if I hard-link the individual HTML exports to the branches of the tree if a page is ever moved it will cause problems.

Thanks for any help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2013

Hello,

You won't be able to do that with an export to HTML, as it's exporting the content as-is. You might want to try exporting the entire space to PDF to achieve this sort of behavior. Or, if you want to detail the business need of what you're trying to accomplish a little more, perhaps we can think of a better solution.

Thanks,

-dave

maker January 27, 2020

I just came across this issue.  It would be really great if Confluence could detect intra-space links and link appropriately.  This is already done at the page hierarchy level, it seems not a major step to offer this.

Without it, it severely cripples html export if the intent is to make it available offline. And even if it is online, it then causes the local html to crosslink to the web instance.

As a result, this feels like an incomplete feature.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events