After Confluence restart we are getting the unknown macro "view-file" where files used to be

731e1d2db4ba536bf75a2e91c2b59610.png

This has recently occurred on all new files attached to confluence pages. It has been a short time since Atlassian has added cool views for attached files (aka download button), and now it's broken as shown above. 

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Confluence version is 5.7.4.

4 answers

1 accepted

I went to add-ons, System, then located the confluence-view-file-macro and noticed it was disabled. I was able to successfully enable it and saw the following instead of  view file macro layout. 

897887d78a828e4d3ff7f6b1dfe10680.png

Then I realized that the only not updated plugin is the Universal Plugin Manager itself. Updating it helped me to resolve a problem.

I am not sure whether it will work or not but you can try the following steps

1. Go to the Confluence-administrator
  2. Manage Add-ons
  3. In System plugin you can search Office Connector plugin
  4. Expand the modules
  5. check whether fileview module in disable or not
  6. If yes, make this module enable.

Hi. Thanks for your answer. In my case it is enabled and the problem still exists. There is a thing though. This is not a macro to display word or any office related files. It's actually a new cool feature by Confluence that adds a clickable download link in a form of a square that is now replaced by the above-mentioned error.

0 vote

Hi Max,

Can you check if the plugin/macro is supported by your Confluence's version? Maybe the macro/plugin it's not up-to-date.

Thanks. As per my own answer below things turned out to be related to updates. I guess when you update one plugin, its best to update all the others.

yes Update all plugin is the right.

I have the same issue... What is the solution? sad

Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

246 views 11 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you