Advanced roadmaps for Confluence users

Jarle Horneland April 19, 2021

Does advanced roadmaps allow you to give view access to non Jira users through Confluence?

This is not supported with regular roadmaps. Non Jira users will only see this message: "This Jira roadmap cannot be viewed because it either does not exist or you do not have permission to view it."

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

Hi @Jarle Horneland,

Although the documentation is not conclusive on the matter, I suspect your users will still need to have view permissions on the plan in Jira in order to see the roadmap in Confluence.

At least, this is explicitly mentioned for the other sharing options through a direct link or by embedding it on an html page (see this support article). I would be surprised if Confluence would override that requirement.

Yet - if you want to be 100% sure, give it a try. If Jira access is required, you will see the same message as you mentioned in your question (this is what I expect to happen). If the data are visible, however, #letsparty! 

Jarle Horneland April 19, 2021

Thanks @Walter Buggenhout 

I will give it a try, if I decide to test Premium.

It would be great to allow customers access to Confluence and roadmaps without showing the details and comments for all tasks in Jira.

Like Dave likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events