Advanced Search Configuration

Andreas Schmidt March 12, 2021

Hi,

I've noticed that the advanced search is not dynamic in the sense that fields auto calculate options in other fields.

Example:

I select a specific space in the advanced search, the choice of parent pages could/should invalidate pages beyond those contained within the specified space.

Is there a way to configure that?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2021

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for bringing this up with us. From what I understand, you have specified a space in Advanced search. You anticipate that when you search under Pages under, it will only display pages from the specified space, is that correct?

I can confirm that the filter's scope isn't limited to the selected space, which is the intended behavior. The space filter restricts the results on the left but not across the other search filters.

I created a feature request for that behavior. I'll share that so you can add your vote to it. You may find you have to login again if "Vote for this issue" is greyed out.

• CONFCLOUD-71801 Advanced (full) Search should adjust filtering results based on specified space

You can see I included some suggested workarounds on the request, which are:

Insert the Livesearch macro on a page, or refer to advanced Confluence search syntax.

I hope this helps, but if you have any questions or need further information, please let me know!

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events