Admin cannot change restrictions on pages

Jan Folkert Kunst July 8, 2019

Hi All,

We have some authorisation issues. Somehow i am, as an admin, the only one who can change rights on certain pages. I have give the admin role to two more people, but they are not able to change admin rights. Once they select a user group to give access to an error message appears "cannot change...yada yada..try at a later moment".

Can you please help?

Cheers,

JF

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jan Folkert Kunst July 11, 2019

Hi Bill,

Yes, they do. Check the picture. However, i have now added them as individual users (and gave them all permissions) and will test if this works tomorrow.

Cheers,

JF

Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 10.32.21.png

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2019

Are all pages in the space impacted or only ones that have restrictions already set?

Jan Folkert Kunst July 11, 2019

Hi Bill,

Thanks!

The ones that have restrictions set.

Cheers,

JF

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2019

IFRC, you can have permission set on a page, and an admin can't change the permissions there, but has to go to the restricted page listing in the Space tools.

"Space Admin and System Administrator access to restricted pages 
Users with 'Admin' permissions in a space, or users with the System Administrator global permission can remove restrictions from pages, even if the page restriction prevents them from viewing the page. Go to  Space Administration  >  Restricted Pages.

See this discussion here: Confluence-questions/Why-could-restricted-pages-not-be-edited-by-a-space-admin

Jan Folkert Kunst July 15, 2019

Hi Bill,

Thanks!

JF

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2019

If you don't mind, please accept my original answer. We champions live for the points! ;)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2019

Do these user have permissions to set restrictions in the space?

permissionsgrid.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events