• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Admin can not edit confluence page

I can not edit confluence pages as an Admin in Confluence. I have cleared my cache. The only solution that works about 1/5 times and only for a single view and edit, is to log out and back in. 

2 answers

Please check the page restrictions 

Page restrictions are wide open, and again, I'm the admin. 

0 votes
Davin Studer Community Leader Sep 13, 2019

Can you explain further what happens when you are not able to edit. Do you see any error messages, does the edit button not do anything when you click it, do you get a blank screen when you click the button, do you even see the button?

Not sure what else to say, page restrictions are wide open and again, I'm the Admin. I see no error message, the edit icon (pencil) is not displayed, 
Its odd that when I log in & out four times I'm usually (but it is inconsistent) able to edit, but again, only for one page, and I only get one publish before it reverts to a view-only type view.

Hi,

being an admin doesn't mean you're allowed to do everything with a page.

What you can do, is giving you access & all permissions to pages.

Anyway, are we talking about Confluence Cloud or Server?

Did you check the space permissions? Did you try different browsers?

Best

JP

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

480 views 24 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you