Adding custom field for Create JIRA Issue screen in Confluence

Raghuram March 26, 2013

Is there a way to display a custom JIRA field in Create JIRA Issue screen in Confluence.

By this what I mean is from the snapshot below I see only Project,Issue Type,Summary,Component,Version/s,Description fields.

I need to display another JIRA custom field, is it possible? If so how ?

5 answers

2 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2013

Hi, as i see in this Confluence issue on Atlassian project since Confluence 3.5 you can create issues from the confluence. The problem is that how it says on one of the comments: ' there are some limitations around mandatory and custom fields which mean that some project configurations may prevent creation of issues from Confluence.'

Check here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-12882

Here it is the official documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Inserting+JIRA+Issues#InsertingJIRAIssues-CreatingaNewJIRAIssueandInsertingit

It looks like is not possible to add more fields to the screen.

What you can do is ask on support.atlassian.com for a new feature.

Cheers.

1 vote
Dzailin Dzulkaflie October 13, 2014

Hi, did you find the solution for this issue? Thanks.

1 vote
Ismael August 12, 2013

Hi Raghuram,

How did you manage to add FixVersion and Component in Confluence's "Insert JIRA Issue" screen?

Thanks!

0 votes
Avi Ziv July 6, 2017

There is something new with it??

I would like to know if i can set custome field in the screen view when try to create new Issue from Confluence??

0 votes
Ahmed Noman April 11, 2013

I have the same issue, I have a custom field that I called Client for an issue. I see the field when I create an issue on JIRA but I dont see it when adding from Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events