Adding a button to create a checklist, is this possible?

Richard Knight December 15, 2020

I have a page that is a runbook. I would like to have a button or option to create a checklist with predefined steps.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2021

Hi Richard,

You can use Confluence's built-in tooling to generate a page with a checklist from a click on a page. Let's walk through how to set that up!

1. Create a template from the space settings of the space you're wanting to add this in. The template page should have the checklist of items you want (using the built-in Action Item format). You can use the @currentDate value in the name field to generate page titles that include the date they were created on.
  2. Edit your existing runbook page.
  3. Insert the Create from Template macro on your runbook page. Select the template you just created from the Template name dropdown in the options.

You've now got a button on the runbook page that will generate a new checklist page (as a child page of the runbook page). You can fine-tune the template's contents and title to help put bounds around each time you "run" the runbook. Using the Child Display macro on the runbook page can also show a list of each time the button is used / the runbook is run.

Hope that helps clean things up a bit!

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2020

Hi @Richard Knight ,

I don't think it's possible normally but you can check out if any add-ons are available for this task!

Richard Knight December 20, 2020

Thank you for your reply. I will look. I have thought about including a link to a Google form or Microsoft form. I doubt I will find a free addon though.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events