Adding a additional Confluence Space Template

Henry Auffahrt September 8, 2022

Hello everyone,

for every new customer, we are creating an own confluence space in our confluence cloud instance for all the project information and documentation.

When creating a new confluence space, we see this screen:

Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 05.59.33.png

My question is: Is it somehow easy, possible to add our own space template here? That would be very useful for all our project managers if they onboard a new customer.

On my own research, I read about the possibility to use blueprints with confluence connect. But creating our own app with confluence connect on the forge platform for this use case seams a bit overengineered.

Any suggestions for solving this problem the easy way?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022
Henry Auffahrt September 8, 2022

Hello Brant, please read my question carefully. I'm asking for Confluence Space Template, not for regular Confluence Templates.

Or is it with the links you provided also possible to create Space Templates?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

@Henry Auffahrt Sorry I should have read that more carefully.  You are correct on creating a space template the route you listed is correct.  I know of some individuals that created a space the way they wanted it and then exported it, manipulated the XML and would reimport it.  This would basically copy the space and they used it as their template.  I think it would be just as much work to learn how to use blueprints.  You can also use an app from marketplace to create a space that you could copy.  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=confluence&query=copy%20space 

Like Henry Auffahrt likes this
Henry Auffahrt September 12, 2022

Hi @Brant Schroeder thanks a lot for clarifying... I think the app could be a good solution for us. I like to give some Apps, that solve the problem in minutes, a try... If we really need this feature very often, we could have a look into the use of blueprints.

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2022

@Henry Auffahrt if this answered your question can you please accept the answer to help others?

Sam Lucas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2022

Hi @Henry Auffahrt ! I am a new PM for Confluence working on improving our Template experience! I am very curious about your need for custom Space Templates! If you're interested and available, I'd really appreciate learning more about your specific use case and needs! Please book a quick zoom call with me to help us understand how we can enhance your experience! thx.

Like Henry Auffahrt likes this
Henry Auffahrt December 27, 2022

Hi @Sam Lucas thanks for reaching out. I booked a zoom call with you. Looking Forward!

Henry Auffahrt October 15, 2023

Hey @Sam Lucas ,
are there any news about own Confluence Space Template? We did not use any app because we would rather not have it that complicated. 

It should be out of the box possible to create our own Confluence Space Templates.

Thanks a lot.

Henry

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events