Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Users via API for Confluence 7.0.1

Jim Beard January 9, 2020

Hello,  

I have been using the soap API to add/disabe/re-enable users in a confluence server install.  After recent updates some of these API actions are failing, and I notice the soap API is deprecated.  However the REST API for confluence server seems to lack user administration API calls.  What should I be using to manage users via API in confluence server 7.0.1??

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2020

@Jim BeardWelcome to the community!!

You are correct that API for `User Admin` actions are not available in Confluence Server. This issue is tracked here - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-56205

But as per Atlassian sources, they are going to keep SOAP API's till all corresponding actions are fully implemented. So, I think you can use deprecated API's for some time. If these SOAP API's are not working correctly, you can contact Atlassian and log service request with them.

There are some plugins link 'Bob Swifts CLI Plugin' that you can use to perform Admin tasks remotely.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events