Add jira pie chart gadget in confluence

SKS May 3, 2023

Trying to add jira pie chart gadget in confluence but it asks for saved filter. When entering the filter name its not giving the option to select. How can I save the filter in confluence? I have saved filter in jira. I can use the same filter for issue statistics view in confluence.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Hello @SKS 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Confluence doesn't provide a selection list from which you can select the filter you want. You simply have to type it in, as shown in the help text.

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 1.06.12 PM.png

SKS May 4, 2023

Thanks Trudy for the reply and for the welcoming wishes. I am trying below route to embed jira pie gadget. The filter field doesn't allow to enter any filters.

image.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

That is a different macro than the macro in the image I posted.

For the macro you are using you need to simply start typing in the name of the filter or project you want to use, and the screen will show you potential matches from your linked Jira instance.

Screen Shot 2023-05-04 at 11.36.41 AM.png

The select the one you want.

SKS May 4, 2023

Hello again! I am putting in my filter name but its not coming in the drop down list. I can use the same filter in your other suggested macro. Wondering why the same filter not picking up for pie gadget macro.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2023

Can you provide a screen image of what you see when you simply are typing in the filter name? 

SKS May 7, 2023

Hello Trudy, That is what I shared in the prior posted image.

SKS May 7, 2023

I don't see the filter name in the drop down list and get dashboard.item.error.required.query error message.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2023

In the first image the field shows 

filter="XYZ"

Don't type in filter="

Just type in the name of the filter that you saved; i.e. XYZ

SKS May 7, 2023

I tried both ways i.e. filter as part of the syntax and without it. in both case dashboard.item.error.required.query error message. Though filter does work insert jira chart macro but the same not for the pie gadget macro.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2023

I have not been able to find any information on that error message. If you are using a paid subscription for Confluence Cloud I advice you to contact your Confluence administrators and ask them to raise a support ticket directly with Atlassian Support at

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2023

Hello @SKS 

Did you contact Atlassian Support? Can you please share with us anything you learned from them?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events