Add Stash to Navigator fails

I am trying to add our stash server to the navigation drop down in Confluence. I get the error:

Sorry, something went wrong. Your changes are not being saved.

Try refreshing the page. If the problem persists, please contact your System Administrator.

Unfortunately refreshing the page didn't help, and I am the System Administrator!

If it makes any difference I am using Apache for VirtualHosting and SSL.

2 answers

Hey Jamie,

If the application navigator is failing we might be having a problem on your application link setup, please do the following:

1. Try to setup Stash on the application navigator page again.
  2. Once you get that error check the atlassian-confluence logs.

We need to know which kind of message shows up at the <Confluence HOME>\logs\atlassian-confluence.log file at the exact moment you get the error so we can understand what is the problem and where to tackle.

Additionally here it goes a few pages that might help us to further narrow down the problem, in case it goes down to the application links setup:
Hope it helps.
Thanks and Regards,
David| The Engineer that like Windows for realsies.

Deividi, I didn't realise you could make a proper application link between Confluence and Stash (only JIRA->Confluence and JIRA->Stash) but have now set up the link between Confluence and Stash and it has automagically added it to the navigator. However there is probably still a bug as from what I tell you should be able to add a link to any web application from the "Application Navigator" settings page. Unless of course "Stash" is a keyword that you can't use... Anyway log file is here: http://pastebin.com/dkzyygbh

Strange, now that you mentioned I've never tried to connect confluence into stash, I will do some testing locally and see if this is a BUG or not.

Hey Jamie,

I've spoken with a colleague of mine that support stash, looks like you hit up on a BUG:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-5503

If you don't want to do a application link between Confluence and Stash, follow the steps listed on teh work around session of above BUG and see how it goes.
Thanks and Regards,
David| The Engineer that like Windows for realsies.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

869 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you