Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Stash to Navigator fails

Jamie Wark March 31, 2015

I am trying to add our stash server to the navigation drop down in Confluence. I get the error:

Sorry, something went wrong. Your changes are not being saved.

Try refreshing the page. If the problem persists, please contact your System Administrator.

Unfortunately refreshing the page didn't help, and I am the System Administrator!

If it makes any difference I am using Apache for VirtualHosting and SSL.

2 answers

0 votes
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2015

Hey Jamie,

I've spoken with a colleague of mine that support stash, looks like you hit up on a BUG:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-5503

If you don't want to do a application link between Confluence and Stash, follow the steps listed on teh work around session of above BUG and see how it goes.
Thanks and Regards,
David| The Engineer that like Windows for realsies.
0 votes
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2015

Hey Jamie,

If the application navigator is failing we might be having a problem on your application link setup, please do the following:

1. Try to setup Stash on the application navigator page again.
  2. Once you get that error check the atlassian-confluence logs.

We need to know which kind of message shows up at the <Confluence HOME>\logs\atlassian-confluence.log file at the exact moment you get the error so we can understand what is the problem and where to tackle.

Additionally here it goes a few pages that might help us to further narrow down the problem, in case it goes down to the application links setup:
Hope it helps.
Thanks and Regards,
David| The Engineer that like Windows for realsies.

Jamie Wark April 3, 2015

Deividi, I didn't realise you could make a proper application link between Confluence and Stash (only JIRA->Confluence and JIRA->Stash) but have now set up the link between Confluence and Stash and it has automagically added it to the navigator. However there is probably still a bug as from what I tell you should be able to add a link to any web application from the "Application Navigator" settings page. Unless of course "Stash" is a keyword that you can't use... Anyway log file is here: http://pastebin.com/dkzyygbh

Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2015

Strange, now that you mentioned I've never tried to connect confluence into stash, I will do some testing locally and see if this is a BUG or not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events