Add Confluence to my account Google WebMaster Tools

Hi,

I want to add my Confluence system to Google WebMaster Tools. I upload the file verification to server but when I load, I see that include template of Confluence in plain text of the Google file verification...

Is there any way to not include template of Confluence when I load this file? Google search to find the text verification but is unable to find it if it includes apart the CSS and HTML code of Confluence...

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

3 answers

1 accepted

Confluence Server:

The easiest way to do this is to add the google specific meta tag in Confluence Admin | Look and Feel | Custom HTML | At the End of the HEAD

For example add:

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="..." />

Confluence Cloud:

It is not possible to verify a Confluence Cloud site with Google. More info here.

Thanks David! I don't know that I can verify my website on Google WebMaster Tools by adding a meta tag. Works for me!

Custom HTML is not avaiable as an option for onDemand instances. Is there a suggested approach for adding an onDemqand instance to Google WebMaster Tools.

Hi, I faced the same problem in my on-demand environment even now.

So, I opened a new thread for the question.

If you have any solution for that, please let me know:) Thanks.

yeah that would be nice. or an dns entry for my subdomain.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

346 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you