Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Confluence[on-demand] to my account Google Search Console

NaoI January 24, 2018

Hello,

I came from this existing question(Add Confluence to my account Google Search Console). There is still an unsolved question in the thread but the original question seems to be solved for the questioner 4-5 years ago, so I decided to ask it here again.

Is there any way to add my on-demand confluence space to my Google Search Console?

I've already tried several ways but they didn't work:

1. Verification with meta tag(I know it doesn't work from the existing question, but anyway).

- Maybe, if I edit the HTML manually and put the meta tag there it would work. But, there is no add-on like a free HTML direct editor. I would buy it ONLY IF it's necessary.

2. Verification with Google Analytics tag

- Used add-on(Google Analytics by resolution GmbH) to register my analytics tag and tried to verify it, then the site was recognized by Google Analytics, but it didn't seem to work for Search Console's verification.

Thank you in advance.

1 answer

2 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 25, 2018

tl;dr: It is not possible to verify ownership of a Confluence Cloud instance with Google.

OK, here are the options that Google gives you for verification:

1. HTML file upload -- requires uploading a file with a specific name to a specific place.
    Not possible with Confluence Cloud.
  2. Domain name provider -- add a DNS TXT or CNAME record. Would be possible with your own domain name, but OnDemand uses an atlassian.net subdomain. 
    Not possible with Confluence Cloud.
  3. HTML tag -- requires the ability to edit the HTML on the page.
  4. Google Analytics tracking code -- requires the ability to edit the HTML on the page.
  5. Google Tag Manager container snippet -- requires the ability to edit the HTML on the page.

As you can see, none of the verification options are available to Confluence Cloud. 

NaoI January 26, 2018

Thank you for your quick response, David. I got it.

I still cannot understand why this issue hasn't been fixed for several years.

(Maybe not so many people make their space public, I guess.)

I hope the restriction would be removed somehow in near future.

Luis Ortiz February 15, 2018

I would also love to see this implemented.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2018

Hi everyone,

Just following up that there's an open feature request for this: CONFCLOUD-58334. Voting on the feature request will help our product managers determine the impact of this vs other competing feature requests. And of course watching will let you stay in the loop if there are any updates from our Cloud team.

Cheers,
Daniel

Håkan Klingensjö May 14, 2019

+1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events